2017 Judicial Board Justices
Micah Augusma, IFC Chief Justice
Kyle Kerger , Justice
Dan Wetzell, Justice
Layton Chandle, Justice
Akua Atuobi, PHC Chief Justice
Amy Luong, Justice
Jennifer Ettinger, Justice
Emily McGrover, Justice
Sarah Kelly, Justice
To file a violation against any Iowa Fraternity or Sorority, please complete the Judicial Violation Form.
Opportunities Afforded to the Respondent
Updated Judicial Board Manual 2016.pdf
What Happens at a Judicial Hearing?
Summary of Judicial Process
1. A complaint is filed with the Chief Justice, IFC, PHC, Center for Student Invovlement & Leadership (CSIL), or Dean of Students Office.
2. The Chapter President and Chapter Advisor are notified of a hearing no less than five (5) class days prior to the hearing.
3. The Chapter President attends the hearing. He or she is allowed to invite their Chapter Advisor and/or other witnesses to join them.
4. The Chapter President will present their information about the violation, and can provide any witness testimony.
5. The Judicial Board will ask questions of the chapter.
6. The chapter will provide a closing statement and the formal hearing will be closed.
7. A letter of the findings and any sanctions (if applicable) are issued to the chapter president, chapter advisor and Inter/national HQ within five (5) days of the decision by the board. This letter will also include the appeals processes.
8. A chapter can file an appeal with the IFC or PHC President with five (5) class days of receiving their decision.
9. The IFC or PHC President holds an appeal's hearing, along with their Executive Board within five (5) class days of recieving the appeal.
10. The IFC or PHC President informs the chapter of the appeal's decision within five (5) class days of the appeal's hearing.
11. The chapter can then file an appeal to the IFC or PHC Legislative Body within thirty (30) days of the findings of the appeal's board.
Recent PHC Judicial Board Hearing Results
|Gamma Phi Beta||Unregistered Social Event. Not exhibiting Social Responsibility||Not Responsible||Spring 2017|
|Pi Beta Phi||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Phi Beta Chi||Unmet In-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Phi Beta Chi||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Phi Beta Chi||Unmet Service Hours Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Kappa Kappa Gamma||Attendance to Panhellenic Legislative Meetings||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Kappa Kappa Gamma||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Gamma Phi Beta||Unmet In-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Gamma Phi Beta||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Gamma Phi Beta||Unmet Non-Alcoholic Event Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Delta Zeta||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Delta Gamma||Unmet Non-Alcoholic Event Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Chi Omega||Unmet Out-House Educational Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Alpha Xi Delta||Unmet Non-Alcoholic Event Requirement||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Alpha Phi||Unmet Community Service Hours||Responsible||Fall 2016|
|Pi Beta Phi||Unregistered Social Event. Not following policies related to alcohol. Not exhibiting Social Responsibility||Responsible||Spring 2016|
|Gamma Phi Beta||Not exhibiting Social Responsibility or High Moral Conduct||Responsible||Spring 2016|
|Delta Gamma||Not exhibiting Social Responsibility or High Moral Conduct||Responsible||Spring 2016|
|Alpha Phi||Members of the Executive Board not following of policies relating to alcohol. Not exhibiting Social Responsibility||Not Responsible||Spring 2016|
|Delta Delta Delta||Unregistered Social Event||Responsible||October 2015|
|Zeta Tau Alpha||Unmet In-Chapter Educational Requirement||Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Chi Omega||Unmet In-Chapter Educational Requirement||Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Epsilon Phi||Unmet Community Service hours||Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Epsilon Phi||Unmet In-Chapter Educational Requirement||Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Delta Pi||Unmet Non-Alc Requirement||Not Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Phi||Unmet Non-Alc Requirement||Not Responsible||October 2015|
|Alpha Phi||Inappropriate Bid Day Song||Responsible||September 2015|
Recent IFC Judicial Board Hearing Results
Click here to view recent IFC Judicial Board Hearing Results