Top 5 Things You Can Do to Show Interest in an NPHC Chapter
- Attend chapter programs and events.
- Attend an interest meeting or informational for the chapter(s) in which you are interested
- Get to know members of the organization at every opportunity.
- Research information on the Internet about the group(s) in which you are interested.
- Show your own involvement on campus (i.e. get involved in clubs, community service, etc.).
Some Helpful Resources
Divine Nine: The History of African-American Fraternities and Sororities in American
By Lawrence C. Ross
Black Greek 101: The Cultural, Customs, and Challenges of Black Fraternities and Sororities
By Dr. Walter M. Kimbrough
African American Fraternities and Sororities: The Legacy and the Vision
By Tamara L. Brown, Gregory S. Parks and Clarenda M. Phillips
Soulstepping: African American Step Shows
By Elizabeth C. Fine